Automotive Technology for the Modern Dealer
Location: Pittsburgh, PA Type: Full-time Min. Experience: 5-7 years
About Dealer Venom
Dealer Venom is a premier technology disruptor hyper-focused on all things Automotive Industry. Based in Pittsburgh, PA’s downtown, Dealer Venom delivers disrupting technologies for the automotive industry. We deliver state of the art automotive dealer websites with our cutting-edge custom designs, vehicle search tools, and lead-driven user experience with our core product, NEXUS. We work hard to build every site from the ground up and deliver a pristine online showroom, ready for our clients and their customers to sell cars. Our culture is driven by collaboration, communication, and camaraderie. We expect the highest quality and best ideas from everyone in the Dealer Venom family. Reliability, scalability, and quality are just a handful of qualities we’re looking for in our team members. We also expect life-long learners, team players, and innovators. We’re not tied to any one rigid way of doing things, but we also never lose sight of core principles of design and development. In other words: our skills are rock solid but ready to rock the boat at any time. If you’re ready to sit at the table of a high-speed industry with the best team you can imagine, apply to us today. We’re seeking like-minded team members like you.
You value clean code, scalability, and reliability. You are not held to one language, design pattern, or framework, but instead you believe that a true developer always chooses the right tools for the job. You understand business value and are all about creating it. You value working on a team that thinks outside of the box. You love learning and experimenting with new technologies but would never forego the fundamentals.
The Senior PHP/JS Developer is responsible for the maintenance and improvement of the Dealer Venom Website Platform, specifically forward-facing features and functionality. The Senior PHP/JS Developer creates new features or refactors existing tools. In addition to completing assigned work, the Senior PHP/JS Developer must be a champion for best practices and continuous learning for his/her fellow teammates, providing guidance for, and training teammates with less experience.
This role requires expert knowledge of the Dealer Venom Website Platform and associated architecture. The Senior PHP/JS Developer must be knowledgeable of available tools and resources and know where to implement custom solutions. Strong problem solving, organization, and documentation skills are key to success.
- 5+ years of development experience using a combination of PHP and JS.
- Strong command of HTML, CSS, JS, and PHP.
- Good grasp of Object Oriented Programming concepts.
- Expertise in building and testing mobile-first web applications.
- Version control experience (Git/BitBucket).
- Experience building WordPress themes and plugins.
- Familiarity with front-end frameworks like Bootstrap, Bourbon, or Foundation.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and able to juggle multiple projects with varying timelines and requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex terms and ideas to stakeholders and coworkers.
- Fast learner & interested in new technologies.
- The ability to remain cool under pressure.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with PHP frameworks like Laravel.
- Experience with SASS/SCSS.
- Experience with automated testing.
- Experience with Node JS.
- Experience with JS frameworks like React and/or Vue.
- You know what the phrase “clean code” means, and where it came from.
Responsibilities May Include
- Development work on our WordPress based Website Platform.
- Maintaining current WordPress plugins and building them to support new or existing platform features.
- Working with internal and external APIs to build dynamic services.
- Supporting development teams by providing knowledge and training resources.
- Contributing to or supporting internal tools utilized by the development teams.
- Working with our development team, systems team, and designers to fulfill support requests or bug reports from clients.
- Building custom functionality on client sites.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.